The Purchase Free Library offers computer stations free for patron use. Computers are only for patrons with Westchester Library System cards.
Users access the library computer hardware, software, and documentation at their own risk. The Purchase Free Library is not responsible for equipment malfunction, loss of data, any damages to the user’s disks, flash or external hard drives, data etc. or electronic transactions of any type which are related to the public use of library computer resources.
Do not download and/or install software programs on library computers. If you do, you may lose library privileges.
Do not access pornographic or obscene materials. If you do, you may lose library privileges.
Some Internet sites are inappropriate for viewing in a public setting. Users should refrain from the use of Internet sounds and visuals that may disrupt the ability of other library patrons to use the library and its resources. Library staff reserves the right to end Internet sessions when sexually explicit or pornographic materials are displayed.
If no computers are available, PFL offers laptops for in-house use.
Save your work on a flash drive, external hard drive, or internet storage. Do not save or download anything on the hard (C:) drive.
Computer workstations are designed for use by one person at a time.
Computers in the children’s area are for use by children age 11 and younger.
Librarians are partners with parents in guiding children to safe and appropriate use of the Internet. Children are not allowed to use adult computer stations unless it’s for homework or their parent/guardian is present.
Wireless Internet (WiFi)
For patrons who bring their own laptops or devices, a free Wi-Fi connection is available throughout the Purchase Free Library.
The Purchase Free Library is pleased to office its patrons (as well as Harrison and West Harrison patrons) passes to your favorite museums. Below are the passes currently available at PFL!
- The Guggenheim
- Intrepid Museum (Purchase patrons use this link to reserve your visit date with the Intrepid: Intrepid Tickets)
- Stamford Museum & Nature Center
- Museum of the City of New York
- The Maritime Aquarium
- Museum of Natural History
- Westchester Children’s Museum at Playland
- Children’s Museum of Manhattan
Call us at 914-948-0550 to reserve a pass today!
Contactless Curbside Pickup
Here is how it works:
- Browse the library’s collection online by visiting https://www.purchasefreelibrary.org/search/ or call the library at 914-948-0550 if you know what you are looking for.
- Reserve your item by either placing the hold online through https://www.westchesterlibraries.org/ or call the library and a clerk will place the hold for you.
- Holds placed over the phone are limited to 5 items per day.
- Once your hold is available call the library to schedule a pickup time.
- Contactless Curbside Pickup is from 10 AM- 5PM. Park where you see the signs for “Curbside Pickup”, call 914-948-0550 and provide your name. Stay in your car, and a library employee will leave your items—bagged and with your name written on the outside—on the bench in front of the library.
- Walk-ups can call the library upon arrival from the bottom of the stairs. Please wear a mask and maintain 6 feet of distance from library employees while they place your items on the bench.
The Purchase Free Library is to be used by patrons with Westchester Library System cards. The Library reserves the right to restrict admittance and request that any party leaves the premises on request.
Service Animals Welcomed
Only service animals or animals used in library programs are permitted in the building.
Attire, Rules & Regulations
Appropriate attire, including footwear, must be worn on library property.
This is a very small library please keep noise to a minimum. Please turn all cell phones to silent. No calls may be taken inside the library.
No running or playing outside games inside the library.
Photography & Taping
Photography or taping of the library and its collections, exhibits, staff, and users is permitted only with the prior approval of the Library Director or designated representative.
Children at the Library
Children under the age of ten must be accompanied and supervised at all times by a parent or caregiver (who must be at least 14). The Library is not responsible for the care of unattended children.